In 1980, nothing came between Brooke Shields and her Calvin Kleins.
Of course, she was only 15 at the time, so a few people thought that might be TMI.
Not too long ago I stopped in at Dennis’ House of Vintage (1239 Queen St. West). I was very pleased to find that they had a really decent selection of awesome late 70s and early 80s designer jeans – brands like Sergio Valente and Jordache. You know, high waisted and practically painted on. Think Kate Jackson, Blair in The Facts of Life or Debbie Harry. Since then, I’ve been searching them out everywhere. My latest find, a pair of Cote d’Azur brand, came from a tiny thrift store outside of London, Ontario. The genius of these jeans is threefold: they never ride down when you sit or bend, they make your legs look about a mile long, and if they’re slightly unflattering, it’s actually charming. Beat that.
But don’t forget! These were made in the days before Lycra. I wore my new favourite skintight Jordache to work yesterday; it was tricky, to say the least. First, thinking I could sit in those things was a HUGE MISTAKE. Second, I’m pretty sure they actually bruised me all around the waist and hips. Heh, heh. You have been warned.
At the same time I found my sexy Cote d’Azur, I also found what may be the greatest jeans since Fancy Ass – and though they didn’t fit me, I felt it was my duty to find them a good home. Inspired by The Gambler, I now have in my possession a pair of gen-u-ine Kenny Rogers’ Lady jeans… and they could be yours.
Our denim model is a size 31 (modern sizing) and these jeans are a shade big.
She is also, at 5’3”, wearing four inch platform heels… These are loooong.
Remember last year’s shoe giveaway? Well, the rules are basically the same. Write us a note in the comments section describing why you are the Lady Kenny himself would want representing his particular brand of class and sass. The winner will be announced on the website in one week, on April 21. See below for exact sizing and fine print…
• Label sizing: 13/14 (but remember, that’s circa 1986 – probably closer to a 10 now)
• Waist: 29-30”
• Hip (at widest point): 38”
• Inseam: 33.5”
• Rise: 12” (holy crap!)
CONTEST FINE PRINT
• Contestants from the US and Canada are elligible to win not only these fine denim pants, but they will receive their booty’s booty with shipping costs included (up to a maximum of $10, sent by regular post). If a winner is chosen outside of North America, they will be responsible for mailing/shipping costs. Once those costs are determined, they can be paid directly to WORN through Paypal.
• WORN employees are welcome to enter. I would hate for any of you girls to be pantsless.
• Contest winner will be announced on the WORN website. It is up to the contestant to contact WORN with complete mailing details in order to redeem their prize at that time.